Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Camping & School

     Well I just got back from another camping trip with a few families from Oklahoma.  It was beautiful, we camped right along the river (which I kept on calling a lake) across from a huge jumping rock.  We had lots of fun jumping off the rock, canoeing, hiking, jamming out on our guitars, swimming and playing mafia around the fire.  Everyone had a blast!  There were a few families who did leave early and missed out on a lot of fun.  A friend even asked me to teach him how to make paracord bracelets, so I taught him.  This was probably one of my favorite camping trips that I have been on in a while.
     The only thing that was absolutely tormenting is the fact that I had to do some school while I was camping.  Everyone had a little school, but I even had a paper to write.  I can not say that I didn't enjoy lying in a hammock while reading Francis Schaffer, but next time I think I will have to get more school done before we go camping.
     In all it was an amazing trip, and if I could do it over again I would.

6 comments:

  1. "I can not say that I didn't enjoy lying in a hammock while reading Francis Schaffer" lol, no I don't think you can. You certainly looked comfortable and satisfied swinging back and forth on it. Those families definitely missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would totally do it over again....if I could swim. Just kidding, it was still fun. At least I had no lack of people wanting to be in my canoe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Rachel I think that you were the most wanted person, canoe wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's that riff you were going to post?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Colin...What a profile picture. I like the hair, but I'm not sure I can say that about anything else. I told you I had one if you needed it.

    ReplyDelete