Saturday, November 23, 2013

Gun Cleaning

About two weeks ago I purchased a Mosin Nagant from a local gun shop.  I decided not to pay the extra twenty dollars to get the gun cleaned. Although I knew little about the gun at the time I thought I could clean it.  Just today I decided to strip the gun and clean it.  That was a stupid idea.  I had never done something like this so I had little to no idea of what I was doing.  Needless to say I still got it clean and now know how to dismantle and piece the gun back together.  Here are some pictures from my interesting experience.
                                          This is the gun completely striped and cleaned.
                                       
                                          Here you can see (in more detail) The trigger,
                                          magazine, and bolt in greater detail.  Notice the bolt
                                          is actually in three pieces.

                                          This is the rifle once it has been completely cleaned
                                          and put back together.
                                          The bolt has been put back together and is now
                                          ready to shoot.  From this angle you can also see
                                          into the magazine.

This is by far my favorite part of the rifle.  Here if 
 you look closely you can see the Russian hammer
 and sicle.  Just under that stamp the date reads 1942.

                                             
A close up of the picture before.

5 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I think the history on the gun is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experienced many things like that. lol. LOVE that last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sophia. That last pic is nice. Where are those riffs you were going to post???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to make another post bro-in-law. Poem/essay/experience/movie-book review? Don't tell me you haven't done anything since November! Instagram is for people who can't write. You can!

    ReplyDelete